Friday, April 20, 2018

Venture Concept 2

Marijuana is about to become a very big opportunity. As legalization becomes more and more prominent, in some degree, the popularity of the plant will continue to grow. The customer base is so large and spreads over all different types of demographics and geographic locations. Customers are currently satisfying their needs for cannabis with black market alternatives. This is satisfactory for now, but is still potentially very dangerous. That means that the opportunity for a safe, respected, cannabis company is very viable.

The feedback that I received from my first venture concept was overall positive. My reviewers seemed to agree that their is a potentially large opportunity in cannabis, and admire my foresight into this currently non-existent market. The idea is original and very progressive, especially because it is such a controversial topic. The negative feedback I got is because the issue of legalization is still very controversial. If marijuana does not get legalized to the extent to which I am predicting, than my idea is not feasible at all.

I have not changed my idea in regards to its functionality, but I do have a newfound appreciation for the controversy the idea brings. I have been operating under the assumption that legalization was a forgone conclusion and that is not the case. This will cause me to significantly delay my business if legalizing doesn't occur as imminently as I thought.

Image result for legalize marijuana

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Erik! I like that you are able to see from both sides of this issue since it is a very controversial one as you mentioned. I think there may be one more aspect to consider in this case: what does it mean for your business marijuana is legalized only medically? It seems that your idea is only possible if it is legalized for recreational use as well. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erik,
    I like how you used your opportunity to elaborate further on how you plan to move forward. I also liked how you used the feedback from the last venture concept to expand upon your opportunity in this venture concept and make proper changes in order to make sure your opportunity is feasible. You are right about the controversy of the idea, but soon enough I think our generation will mask this controversy and people will begin to be able to buy marijuana safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erik, great final venture concept. This is my first time seeing your opportunity and I feel as though you are making a great service for many people who need it medicinally and for recreational use. If other countries have fully made it legal then why not here. The only issue I see with the opportunity is whether these companies make that much money with how high the taxes are on marijuana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Erik! Great job on another awesome post. I feel this service is a great opportunity. You are truly making an effort to help people who need it medicinally. It is a medicine and should be helping people I could not agree more. I also had my eyes opened towards the recreational use and how profitable it can be. Overall, awesome job on the post and in the class.

    ReplyDelete