Friday, April 20, 2018

Exit Strategy

My plan for this business is to take the competitive advantage I have gained by becoming the first cannabis delivery service, and running with it for as long as I can. Eventually, competitors will catch up and my advantage will be gone. When that time comes, I will continue to operate the business based on potential revenue. However, if revenue starts to decline I will then sell the business, for a profit on initial investment, but potentially before it grows to its full potential.

I selected this strategy because it is not worth the operating costs, especially due to the enormously high taxes, to run a dispensary without a competitive advantage. I would operate the business for a long as its makes fiscal sense, but sell it off when that begins to falter.

I think the exit strategy is completely related to my product innovation of door to door dispensaries, with a gratuity system. This would give me a competitive advantage initially. Unfortunately, this competitive advantage won't last long, and that will significantly limit the business' growth opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment