Friday, April 13, 2018

Celebrating Failure

This past semester has been one filled with a failures to some degree, yet none have been too overwhelming. My biggest failure has been my inability to take advantage of extra credit opportunities in both management and sports marketing. My grades in the class themselves are good, yet they would be a lot better if I had just taken advantage of the easy opportunities in front of me. It is this lack of ambition that is going to cost me my best possible grade in the respective classes, and that is unfortunate.

What I learned is to always take advantage of opportunities that are given to you, especially those that will help you in the long run. You should never be complacent with what you have, because you can always strive to improve.

The most important thing about failure is that you can't let it get to you. You have to acknowledge your mistakes and learn from them. By accepting the fact that you failed, you can better yourself in the future by ensuring that you don't make the same mistake again.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erik, good work on this post. I can relate to this because I also do not take advantage of extra credit opportunities as often as I should. I agree with your statement that you should never be complacent with what you have and you can always strive to improve. With something like extra credit work, many people choose not to do it because it takes more work and it is only optional, but it definitely is worth it in the long run. Very insightful post!

    ReplyDelete