Friday, April 13, 2018

Reading Reflection 3

For my final reading I chose Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the quest for a Fantastic Future, Ashly Vance. I chose this book because I already had some general knowledge about Mr. Musk, so I did not find any of this information surprising per se, but rather informative. Musk is one of the most admirable people alive today, so their is nothing that I don't admire about him. I do admire Musk's ability to take risks and deal with failure by using it as a learning tool. When SpaceX first started it failed to successfully launch it rockets, yet over the past years has been almost entirely successful. In a similar story when Tesla launched its pilot vehicle, the roadster, it was deemed a failure after a couple of unsuccessful years. Now, with the success of the model S Tesla has decided to re-release the roadster and everyone assumes its going to be successful. Musk's best competency is his ability for foresight. I thought this was a very simple read, and did not find anything confusing about it. If I could ask Musk two questions the first one would be, "Do you think that humans will colonize Mars in your lifetime?" Musk has made it one of his goals to ensure this so I wonder if he truly thinks its possible. The second question would be, "What's next for Tesla?" After the potential re-releasing the roadster and its affordable sedan Tesla will be in practically every facet of the car market. I wonder where they go from there. Musk definitely values hard work as much as any CEO and it is evident is his projects.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Erik, great job on your reading reflection. Elon Musk's story is very interesting and I wish I had also read this book to learn more about him. It sounds like you already had a lot of previous knowledge about him as well so it must've been cool for you to find out even more by reading this book. Your first question about colonizing Mars is a great one and I would also be super interested to hear Musk's answer to it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete