Friday, March 30, 2018

Your Venture's Unfair Advantage

Resources:
Knowledge regarding the product: I have learned a lot about the medical cannabis and distribution industry as a result of my connections to dispensaries. This is a non-substitutional resource as this experience is invaluable.

Work Ethic: I have a tendency to not give up until I am satisfied with the result. This will help me work on my business regardless of whether or not it is successful. This resource while not too rare is very valuable for growing companies.

Salesman skills: I have the ability to sell anything, especially when that person is already considering a product. This is a skill that can translate to the industry as I know a good salesperson when I see one. This resource is valuable when evaluating potential employees that are going to be vital in the success of your business.

Passion for the product: As someone who is very pro legalization and decriminalization I feel passionate towards my cause and intend to ensure a quality product conveniently for all future customers.  This is very valuable and non-substitutional.

Availability of product: Cannabis has become so accessible and easy to grow that dispensary are producing too much. This overproducing causes a decrease in price that business intend to avoid. This resource is invaluable because of the amount that is being produced.

Connections to the industry: Knowing someone who is an influential player in the industry is a great resource that helps me understand the intricacies of the business. This is a rare resource to be able to understand the business side of cannabis.

Support for the idea: Most Americans believe in the legalization of cannabis to some extent. An overwhelming majority of those Americans would become future customers if presented the product in a convenient manner. This is a valuable resource that can't be replicated in any other forms.

Experience: Being able to witness the day to day operations of a dispensary and also delivery services shows the potential that combining these items together has. This resource will become pretty inimitable, but at the beginning it will be unique towards my company.

Investors: Many people are going to jump at the opportunity to distribute cannabis when it becomes legal. This can lead to a plethora of investors lining up to support a good idea and company. Therefore it is valuable to have investors but not rare since a lot of people are potentially interested.

Growth Potential: As the marijuana industry grows, more and more people are going to get involved in some aspect. This will enable large amounts of revenue growth in the future. The resource of potential is rare for industries that are in the infancy stage like cannabis.

My top resources are my human capital resources. In such a personalized industry it is vital to have people and salesman skills in order to make any transactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment