Friday, March 16, 2018

What's your secret sauce

Five ways that human capital is unique:

  • A passion for my line of work "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life"
  • Experience in my field 
  • People skills
  • Ambition
  • Perseverance 
  • Skilled in improvising 
I was able to record my interviews on my iPhone similar to the way an investigative reporter would do an interview. After sifting through the information, these are the highlights that my interviewees discussed:
Interview with Matin, 20 year old male:
Matin described me as "punctual, hard-working, passionate about work, and an overall strongly driven person. 
Interview with A.J, 21 year old male:
Aj described me as "Goofy yet serious, charismatic, well-informed, and caring"
Interview with Sabrina, 19 year old female:
Sabrina said I was "driven, passionate, and a person who is willing to do whatever it takes"
Interview with Zach, 19 year old male:
Zach describe me as "A good person, not someone driven by greed, a person who would help out someone in need, and someone who wants to figure out the most efficient way to complete a task"
Interview with Stu, 65 year old male:
Stu described me as "A good kid, nice and friendly, and someone who sounds like they care about what they are doing"

Reflect on the Differences:
Me and the people who know me best have relatively similar views about myself. We both seem to think that I am an overall caring and passionate person, which is the truth. I tend to treat people the same way no matter what, and that skill is incredibly important in an office. My list from part one provides excellent foresight into the interviews so I would not change it. 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Erik!
    After reading your description of yourself and the traits you believe make you who you are, and then comparing them to what your closest friends/peers had to say, I think you have a pretty good sense of who you are and what your most powerful traits are. I think the skills you possess will translate well to the professional world, and you will have lots of success doing so!! Keep up the good work Erik.

    ReplyDelete