Friday, February 23, 2018

Figuring Out Buyer Behavior 1

Segment: Adults age 21 and over

Three interviewees: 1. Roommate age 21
2. Professor age 40
3. My grandmother age 88

Interview Need Awareness:
When discussing need awareness about marijuana, age is a significant factor. My product being a delivery service on top of an active dispensary can fill all customer needs with varying THC and CBD products. I found that the younger the person, the less of a direct "need" but more likely to purchase. Elder people are more like to need but are also more likely to purchase infrequently. Younger people are also more likely to purchase products higher in THC as opposed to elder people who are recommended products higher in CBD.

Information Search:
The people interviewing become aware of their needs very differently. My roommate gets a craving and that impulse causes him to buy. My professor, a cigarette smoker, prefers to use it as an alternative to tobacco. My grandmother is prescribed it as a cancer treatment, so she doesn't have the need until she needs a refill.

Conclusions:
The biggest differentiating factor for determining customer needs is age difference. This difference is also a big factor in determining peoples' beliefs about the product. If you believe in the product, than your needs will be completely satisfied by what my opportunity has to offer.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Erik, I like how you interviewed a wide range of people. I really think it helped open your eyes to the diversity of people who enjoy marijuana and their thoughts on it. I really hope you pursue this further because I think that legalizing marijuana would change the world for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Erik, this post is super interesting for a few reasons. The differing ages of your interviewees is a really great way to get a good idea of the needs in your very large segment. It was very cool to see the different reasons the people you interviewed have a need for marijuana and how the younger people have less of a need, but more of a want. This is a great post!

    ReplyDelete